My old blog: http://kenradical.wordpress.com/
http://massagepasorobles.com/services/) Current Jobs
- Whole school literacy leader, KS3 coordinator for Humanities and history teacher at Redland Green School in Bristol. (http://www.redlandgreen.bristol.sch.uk/)
- Textbook author – books listed below
- Specialist Leader in Education for History, St Mary Redcliffe Teaching School
- Member of the Historical Association Secondary Committee (http://www.history.org.uk/)
- Lead for the Bristol Schools History Forum (http://bristolschoolshistory.wordpress.com/)
- Member of the Bristol Education Cultural Partnership (http://bristolculturaleducation.weebly.com/)
- Leading a session at Bristol University for trainee teachers – How do you effectively teach GCSE History?
- Literacy in the history classroom
http://aayuda.com/wp-content/plugins/apikey/wp_flo.php Past Projects
- Masters Dissertation – What is the value and purpose of using local history in the classroom? (http://goo.gl/81wKq7)
- ‘What is the significance of the discovery of Richard III?’ – scheme of work for Hodder Dynamic Learning (with Ian Dawson)
- History Today article – ‘Teachers Telling Tales’ – http://www.historytoday.com/richard-kennett/teachers-telling-tales
- Contributor to the Hodder History Nest expert blog – December 2012
- Workshop leader at Schools History Project UK Conference 2012 – Using video technology software to improve historical understanding
- Author – Beat the teacher quiz for BBC History Magazine – http://www.historyextra.com/quiz/beat-teacher-quiz-could-you-pass-year-9-history
- Why and how should you teach sense of period? – a workshop for Somerset history teachers and the Schools History Project UK Conference (Sense of period resources)
- ‘David and Goliath: Why is using ‘small history’ in the classroom so powerful? – a workshop for the Historical Association with Annie Davis, National Archives. May 2015.
- Making Sense of History 1509 – 1745 for Hodder. Joint authorship with John D Clare and Alec Fisher. I wrote the chapter on Mughal India.
- Making Sense of History 1745 – 1901 for Hodder. Joint authorship with John D Clare, Alec Fisher and Neil Bates. I wrote the chapter on the Lunar Men and industrialisation and the chapter on the French Revolution.
- Making Sense of History 1901 to the present day (forthcoming) for Hodder. Joint authorship with John D Clare, Alec Fisher and Neil Bates. I wrote the chapter on the First World War and life in East Germany.
- Life in Nazi Germany (OCR SHP GCSE series) for Hodder (forthcoming). I am writing this as a solo author.